Saturday, January 19, 2008

Veggie Cigars

Last night's dinner was a total bust! I made a recipe I found in the Crock-Pot book, for pork chops and rice. It was not good at all. We still ate it, it filled the belly and all, but it was not very tasty, and the pork was dry.

Tonight on the other hand, I made the "Deceptive" Sloppy Joe's, and they were very good! I'm really excited that I've liked everything I've made in that cookbook.

My freezer is being taken over by veggie "cigars" as I prepare the purees to keep on hand for the recipes. I put 1/2 cup in sandwich bags and roll them up and put 5 or 6 in a quart size freezer bag. The sandwich bags are cheaper, that is why I do it that way, and I can reuse the quart bags. Then when I use them, I thaw it, and then just snip the corner off with scissors, and squeeze it out like icing.

2 comments:

Lori said...

Ok you're really talking me into going to get this book. I haven't bought it yet, but I'm starting to think I will use it.

Jenn said...

I looked through it, and it only has 3-4 recipe's with peanut butter in them.