Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Minute Steaks

I posted pics from Hidden Valley, scroll down to see them.

Last night I made Mom's Minute Steaks, green beans, and mashed potatoes. I'm not really sure why it's called minute steak, because they are really 30+ minute steaks, that's just what my mom always called them. This is what I request for my birthday dinner at my mom's house, I like it best with mashed potatoes and butterbeans (baby lima's). Anyway, here's how they go:

Mom's Minute Steaks

4-6 round steaks, the ones that are tenderized so they look a little like ground beef patties.
flour
salt
pepper
oil
1 package onion soup mix
water

Heat oven to 400. Combine some flour, a little salt and pepper on a paper plate. Put some oil in the bottom of a large skillet that is oven safe, (no plastic or wooden handles), and heat it over med-high heat. Coat both sides of steaks in flour mixture. Brown in oil for about 1 minute on each side, sprinkle a little of the flour mixture into the oil also, to help it turn into gravy while it's in the oven. Remove from heat. Sprinkle onion soup mix over the top, and pour 1-2 cups water in. Cover and put into the oven for about 30-40 min. Serve with mashed potatoes.

No comments: