Monday, February 25, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day, and stuff!

Ha! A little late for Valentine's Day, I know, but I just now downloaded my pics from then, and had to share some. I have been cooking, just too tired to post what I've been making, so here's a few:

The Valentine's day pancakes were a recipe I pulled out of a magazine a long time ago. They were made with oatmeal. They turned out great, very fluffy, and surprisingly not anything like oatmeal. Honestly it wasn't noticeable.

"Buttered Noodles" from the Deceptively Delicious cookbook, this was really fast to stir together, and the kids and I gobbled it up. I used whole wheat spaghetti noodles in it.

Nacho Chicken from a Southern Living cookbook. This is coated in crunched up Doritos. I happened to have some leftover from D-NOW. I made potato pancakes to go with it. My mom always made these, but I only had instant mashed potatoes to use, and I don't think that worked out too well. She said she uses leftover mashed potatoes that are cold from the fridge. You just add a little flour till they are able to be patted into patties, and fry them in some oil. I added some garlic salt. They were still yummy the way I made them, just messy and not the same as mom's. Oh, yeah, and a little burned, that always happens when I try to fry anything! I'll need more practice at that one.

I stirred up some chicken salad for lunch today, just using some leftover stuff in my fridge, and it was really good. Here's what I put in: Chopped chicken, chopped apple, shredded coconut, toasted chopped pecans, celery salt, tumeric, white pepper, mayo, milk, lemon juice.

1 comment:

Audrey said...

where you are, jenny?